PLEASE READ OUR OFFICE FLIER FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT OUR INFECTION CONTROL STEPS
Infection controls and universal precautions protect clients and staff alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control — you, your dentist, and the dental team. The cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust. You should feel free to discuss this topic with Dr. McQuade and receive a straightforward answer.
Dr. McQuade and our entire team follow procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). These measures we have taken have gone beyond what is recommended:
- Disinfectant hand soap and Hand Sanitizer
- Sneeze Guards in place at the front desk
- N95 respirators with level 3 face masks and gloves
- Single use gowns
- Chemical disinfection of counter tops and surfaces
- Hypochlorous Acid “Fogging” to disinfect the air. Hypochlorous Acid is one of the most potent and natural disinfectants with rapid and prolonged action where viruses, bacteria, fungi and other microbes cannot survive
- Medical Grade HEPA air Purifiers
- Heavy Duty HVAC filtration system
- Extra-oral suction devise used during Restorative Dentistry
- Sterilization of all equipment before every use
- Disposable materials
We sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental hand pieces. We use an autoclave, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat and pressure.
The best defense against disease is information. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care. The more you know about our daily procedures and policies, the more comfortable you will feel.